Friday, September 28, 2007

THEY LACKED FOR NOTHING

God provided for his people as they traveled through a dry and thirsty place. From the ninth chapter of Nehemiah:


You gave your good Spirit to instruct them
and did not withhold your manna from their mouth
and gave them water for their thirst. Forty years
you sustained them in the wilderness,
and they lacked nothing.
Their clothes did not wear out
and their feet did not swell. (verses 20-21)


I pray that the Lord will do the same for us as we choose to obey him in spite of the evidence that it simply can't be done. I pray that God's faithfulness on our journey will be such a testimony to others, that they will also choose to trust Him with the most intimate details of their lives. What a privilege to pray this in Jesus' name.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Mom! This is so great. Do you mind if I add a link to this from my facebook? I know you're posting it there for me, but I think it would bring a ton of other people encouragement as well. Love you!