Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A WORD ABOUT MY PURPOSE

Throughout this month of September, I've been considering the purpose of this blog. I love to jot down thoughts about God's word, true. I use scripture daily to shape my prayers and to plan my course in life. There is just nothing that compares to personally looking into God's living and active word. It is so helpful to me!

Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you
and you be found a liar.

Though I love to write, I'd prefer to be proven a complete fool than to ever distort biblical meaning and sentiment. The Bible teaches us to interpret the text for ourselves (and not necessarily for others), so I want to take a moment to clearly express that my intention is not to interpret the Bible for you, but to encourage you to fearlessly dig into God's word for yourself.

Take my examples of interpretation, if they are helpful, and then go and do likewise. I know that God will reward your commitment to work your way through the entire Bible, reading on a regular and consistent basis. Each time you read, may the Holy Spirit speak truth to your heart! Don't let me (or anybody else) manipulate God's word, but KNOW THE SCRIPTURE FOR YOURSELF.

I pray that God will use his word in your daily life, and that:
. . . the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your heart enlightened, that you may know . . . the hope to which he has called you . . . the riches of his glorious inheritance . . . and . . . the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might . . .from Eph. 1:17-19

No comments: