Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNAPSHOTS - Before and After

It's easy to skim over the details of proper sanctuary worship until I get to today's reading. When Abihu and Nadab disregarded the details, and offered incense to God in their own way, it cost them their lives! This is a case in point for reading the whole Bible to get a clear picture of our faith. Jesus changed everything for you and me, but can we possibly appreciate the difference without taking a good look at the time before?

I worship in spirit and in truth, just like Jesus described in John 4:23-24. You can worship in the way you choose, and your way is probably different from mine. Our freedom to worship is the "after" picture, and it's worth even more in comparison to the snapshot from Leviticus 10:1-2, of a time when the details were a matter of life and death. I'm thankful for the balance of perspective, which helps me appreciate the freedom Jesus proclaimed!

No comments: