Friday, December 3, 2010

Ridiculous Expectations

"The thing that the king has asked is difficult . . . " Are there ridiculous expectations place upon your time, finances, emotions, or intellect? Today's reading was a great encouragement to me as I try to keep my head above water and juggle the numerous balls I have in the air.

There is an answer. Seek counsel from the God of mercy, draw together with others of in prayer, and rejoice that God gives knowledge to the wise, and reveals hidden understanding today, just as in Daniel's time:

. . . he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;
he reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what is in the darkness,
and the light dwells with him.
To you, O God of my fathers,
I give thanks and praise,
for you have given me
wisdom and might . . .
The light dwells with God, and is freely shared with us, available for the asking in the name of Jesus. Give thanks! No matter how frazzled and overwhelmed we may feel, God will make known to us everything we need to know concerning the matters befor us.

Furthermore, God will bless those around us as a result of our trust in Him. Daniel was able to save the necks of his peers as well as his own (see verse 24). Others will reap the benefits of God's presence in our lives, and through our testimony, God's character will be revealed.

I'm rejoicing in the middle of my busy, impossible day, and I pray wisdom and might for you today, too.
. . . there IS a God in heaven
who reveals mysteries . . . - from Daniel 2:28

No comments: