Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WHO TO FEAR

A friend was telling about a "funny" that showed Jesus on the cross, and three guys lined up next to him making the "M", "C", and "A" from the song we all know and love to hate. It is humorous in a sad way, and illustrates what happens when we view a scene out of context. What means everything to me might be completely irrelevant to someone who knows little to nothing about what happened at that cross. Is the cartoon blasphemy, or mere sacrilege? I don't know, but I'm not laughing! God's grace covers a lot of ignorance and error, but Jesus said it is healthy to have a certain fear:
I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do.  But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! - Luke 12:4-5

No comments: