Wednesday, March 19, 2008

EASY TO BE BLESSED

I was reading from Luke chapter 1 today, from the Bible calendar I mentioned yesterday. What struck me was the part where Mary says "okay" to God's plan for her. Pretty simple and transparent, profound in its simplicity, as a fact. Later Mary visits her cousin, Elizabeth, a mature woman of God. Here's Elizabeth's statement:

"Blessed is she

who has believed

that what the Lord has said to her

will be accomplished!"

Luke 1:45

Okay, I may be oversimplifying here. I tend to do that a lot, but still, the blessing received was a direct result of simply taking God at his word. Mary had doubts and misgivings ("How can this be, since I am a virgin?"), thus proving that she was not mentally deficient in any way. It was a stretch for her, but in the end she believed the message spoken over her life.

What message is God speaking over you? Do you know? The answer is revealed in his word! Get into it on a daily basis -- even before reading what I have to say. Although I would love it if you have time to read my thoughts, I know my insight is diluted compared to what God offers from the source. Find out for yourself what promises to claim, what truths to apply, what actions to take. Even (especially) your prayers will be shaped in a powerful way. Are you willing? I'm praying for you!

No comments: