Monday, February 11, 2008

OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE

. . . the burning sand
shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground
springs of water . . . And a highway shall be there,
and it shall be called the Way of Holiness . . .
It shall belong to those who walk on the way;
even if they are fools,
they shall not go astray.
No lion shall be there,
nor shall any ravenous beast
come up on it; they shall not be found there,
but the redeemed shall walk there.
(from Isaiah 35)

Jesus promised us trouble in this world (John 16:33), and yet through Isaiah God clearly speaks to us of a spiritual truth when he refers to fools living in complete safety on the Way. When everything is difficult, when everything hurts, I have to wonder whether I might be off track.

Truly, walking with the Lord is like walking in the eye of a storm. All is calm. Though things are falling apart all around me (in my own life), I feel perfectly safe. May the Lord bless you and me to measure our steps today, to be sure that we are on track and out of the danger zone.

I submit my will today, my plans, my preconceptions, my way of thinking, to His scrutiny and revision. May the Lord give us the mindset of Christ, and cause us to walk in a manner worthy of his calling today. May we see that in spite of the storms around us, we are perfectly safe.

No comments: