Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MY INHERITANCE

Part of the calendar reading for today was Psalm 16:6, where David exclaims, ". . . indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance." It reminded me of Sunday's sermon at church.

The message was about Jesus' blessing for the meek from the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:5), " . . . for they will inherit the earth." My pastor pointed out this was a reference to the doormats and the dirt of society, people much "less fortunate," and to those who choose to humble ourselves.

I was thankful for the reminder that YES, I want to be included in that group called the meek, and that YES, this inheritance is the gift of grace, and not something I could ever earn or merit. I have a beautiful inheritance, indeed! It will take a lifetime to discover the depth of it.

No comments: