Friday, February 4, 2011

YouVersion Reading - Time Well-Spent

Today's reading took me 21 minutes and 55 seconds. I know, because I timed it. With all the cold stillness of my city during these past few days, I really have no excuse NOT to spare the time, even if this year's YouVersion plan is five or ten minutes more than I would normally spend in daily reading.

I pray that those the Lord has called to follow this plan will find themselves mysteriously unhindered to do so! I pray that He will bless and multiply the REMAINDER of the day to accomplish even more than we had hoped, and that in short, the fruits of this labor of obedience will be imminent and obvious.

. . . The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD
are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD
are radiant, giving light
to the eyes.
- from Psalm 19:7-8

No comments: